SAMS 5 will be held in-person at Gonville and Caius college, Cambridge, UK from the 12th to 15th September 2022.
SAMS5 is the 5th edition of the workshop on Scattering of Atoms and Molecules from Surfaces, which is organized every three years. Previous editions were held in Rehovot (Israel, 2010), Postdam (Germany, 2013), Bergen (Norway, 2016) and Madrid (Spain, 2019) with great success.
The goal of SAMS-5 is to bring together scientists working in the field of atom and molecule surface scattering to consider the unsolved and challenging problems which need to be addressed in the near future.
Participants will include a balanced mix of the leading experimentalists and theorists in the field. Scientific sessions will include the following topics:
- State of the art of experimental techniques (especially, Atom Scattering, Spinecho and Atom microscopy).
- Ab-initio chemistry studies of surface scattering. Non-adiabatic dynamics.
- Recent theoretical advances for dynamics of surface scattering and reactivity on surfaces. Role of the electron-phonon coupling.
- Experimental studies on reactivity, electronic transitions, surface phonon dynamics, surface diffusion, and coverage dependence.
- Experimental and theoretical characterisation of surface structures and phase transitions.
The local organising comitee are looking foward to welcoming you to Cambridge in September 2022.
The workship will include a mixture of invited talks, contributed talks, posters and discussion sessions.
Abstract submission deadline for contributed talks and posters:
3 June 2022 10th June 2022
Registration and accomodation deadline: 22nd July 2022
The workshop venue has a limited capacity, so we strongly encourage early submission of abstracts, registration and booking of accomodation. It may be necessary to close registration early if we reach capacity.